Sunday, June 18, 2023

June 12 Heading East to Lincoln, Nebraska

 It’s time to say good bye to the mountains.  It’s been a great trip and we’ve seen so many beautiful places and visits with friends and family.  I’m glad that we have the Iowa visits to look forward to and not just miles and miles of ground to cover.





Nick’s hip is really bothering him so I do the loading up of the car.  Nick calls me the Tetris queen.  I am always able to get everything in with an area in the middle that is lower so that we can see out the back through the rear view mirror.  

We’re able to keep up our no fast food and stop at a Mexican restaurant for lunch.  You know it is pretty authentic when it has Jamaica and Horchotta.   This didn’t disappoint.  Another Miles for Kossigan Saga book and some On Being with Krista Tippit gets us to Lincoln.  I bring in some food from a good Italian place as Nick is having trouble walking more than about 20 feet without looking for a place to lean or even better, sit.  I find a local Walmart and buy him a heating pad and some roll on hot/ice.  It’s a long night……

No comments:

Post a Comment